Saturday, October 30, 2010

Training and Health Tips: Q & A with Colin


Q:  What should I eat after a workout?
A:  You should consume protein to help repair your muscles and good carbohydrates to replenish your glycogen stores (energy stored for our fight or flight response).  I like to have chocolate milk or a protein shake immediately after my workout.  Then I'll have a meal that consists of good carbs and protein.

Q:  What should I eat before a workout?
A:  Try to eat some form of carbohydrates before your workout as they provide you energy to give it your all during a session.  Here are a few things I tend to eat before my workouts:  fruits, a leafy green salad or my favourite (especially before playing sports) is a bowl of whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce.

I'm always open to answering questions, so feel free to contact me at info@FitNutBlog.com.  I will post the best Q & A's for all to see

No comments:

Post a Comment