Saturday, October 16, 2010

Go Flames Go



I love the month of October because it means the start of my favourite sporting season.  The Calgary Flames are opening their season and I'll accept the cold, crappy weather to get a chance to cheer on my team during their quest for the cup.  This season is looking like deja vu, but I hope history doesn't repeat itself.  Not making the playoffs last year really put a downer on a season ticket holder's excitement, so let's hope it was just an off year. 

They've brought back Tanguay and Jokinen, and we still have the players from the Phaneuf trade (Hagman, Stajan, White), along with the core group of Iginla, Regehr, Bouwmeester and Kipper.  I'm hoping that last year's showmanship was an anomaly and that we can repeat the excitement of the 2004 playoff run, but this time win the cup. 

I think the team will bounce back and we will make the playoffs this year, and if we don't I can always cheer for Montreal.  But as long as we finish above the Oilers, I'll be a happy camper.  GO FLAMES GO!





2 comments: