Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sports Betting


Now I'm not a major gambler but I do love my hockey pools.  It's a chance to test my hockey expertise against my buddies and act like an NHL GM for a year.  We have a salary cap as well as some limitations on different positions we can draft, but our ultimate goal is to construct the best team possible each month.  I'm glued to my iphone every night checking on scores to see how my players are doing and some see it as a waste of time, particularly my significant other, but I find it so much fun! 

Lately I've been cursing Kovalchuk for not carrying his weight with his massive contract and hoping that Dobberhockey was right about Pekka Rinne and Nashville doing well this season as he's my goalie and was my second round pick.  Hopefully Dustin Byfuglien get in a couple of fights because I've tagged him as my goon and he needs 16 minutes in penalties to reach his goon status. 

I'm not a big Winter sports guy, so I consider my hockey pools my sport during the chilly months.  Bonding time with his buddies, beer, hockey and a little bit of wagering.  What more could a guy ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment