Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jersey Shore: Fuggedaboutit

What's with all the hype about Jersey Shore?  I've never seen an episode of the show, but it seems to be all over the tube and Internet.  All I know is that it's another MTV reality show, but this time features a bunch of people from Jersey who live by the mantra:  Gym, Tan, Laundry. 

I saw poster's of them for sale at HMV right next to the holographic Justin Bieber one.  I just think it's strange how a group of reality show stars, who aren't even actors, can have their own merchandise.  These guys have no talent, but to be their goofy selves on national television, yet they've been idolized and immortalized.  The next thing you know there will be posters of all the YouTube sensations out there.

I've never been a fan of reality shows, but this show seems to have become a part of pop culture in the new millenium.  I guess every generation has their shows that they can look back and laugh at.  I grew up in the 80's and looking back we had some pretty cheesy television too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment