Sunday, February 27, 2011

Healthy Fast Food Challenge: Review


I decided to challenge myself to eating healthy fast food for a few days straight to see what I could find outside of salads and what it would do to my body.  So it's been a week and I've eaten healthy fast food four days straight.  I don't think my system agrees with this much eating out because I don't feel the same as when I cook myself. 

Although this food is deemed as healthy, I learnt that most fast foods contain way too much salt.  That would explain why it's so tasty and also explain why I would wake up in the middle of the night dying of thirst.  After this experiment, I personally believe the only major healthy fast foods available are salads because they can't load them with salt.  I also caught a cold this weekend and I don't get sick often, not sure if it's attributed to my eating habits this week, but that's up for debate.

This actually is quite a surprise to me as I always thought that soup and chili was healthy for me, but the salt takes away the healthy factor because salts increase the risk of many diseases.  So if you want to eat healthy while dining at fast food joints, go for the salads and if they don't offer them, try somewhere else.  There are lots of options out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment