Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Paleolithic Lifestyle Diet aka Caveman Diet


I know this diet sounds unappealing, but after it was featured on Dateline, it piqued my interest.  I'm not a big fan of fad diets, but this one is different, I like to compare it to the raw food diet and a vegetarian diet.  It's not really a diet, it's a lifestyle choice.  Not only is it healthy, but it's feasible and probably more economic then your regular grocery list.

The gyst of this is to eat like the caveman, foods that were readily available to them during the Paelolithic era and this food is still available today.  So foods such that include proteins such as beef, fish, shellfish, poultry, pork, lamb, bison, venison including their internals and fats, as well as eggs, vegetables, fruits and nuts.  From my perspective you should able to achieve a well balanced diet with all these choices.

Unfortunately, since the agricultural revolution, our society has become addicted to processed carbohydrates.  Probably because of the taste and the low cost of these staples.  Nowadays, our society is addicted to convenience and so it just compounds the amount of processed foods we eat. 

I don't like to recommend diets, but I do like to recommend lifestyle changes and good habits.  I would consider eating more natural as opposed to processed foods, a good habit.  I think that will be my next challenge to myself, to live a week off of these Paleo food choices, so stay tuned for that. 

I'll leave you to ponder this question....What can you do to challenge and change your lifestyle for the better?

1 comment:

  1. The Paleo Diet, which has come to be widely known colloquially as "The Caveman Diet Plan" (despite there being another book of that name on the market today), takes a look at the history of human nutrition, the factors that caused the major changes in the human diet, and the health effects that have resulted from those changes.
    Buy Hoodia

    ReplyDelete