Thursday, March 10, 2011

Healthy Tips: Healthy Fast Food Myth?

So after long consideration, I have come to the conclusion that there is very little truly healthy fast food out there.  For me, healthy means that it doesn't contain insane amounts of salt, sugars, caffeine, artificial flavours or colors, etc.  Healthy to me means, it comes straight from nature and is essentially served as natural as possible.


If you've read my previous posts where I went on a healthy fast food binge, I never realized how much salt all of these joints put into their foods.  Obviously, it's added to make the food taste more flavourful, but you can achieve the same result by properly marinating your food as well.  I guess that's why it's called fast food and all the care that mom puts into her cooking doesn't apply here.

In my perspective, the only truly healthy fast food I could find were plain salads served with balsamic vinaigrette dressing or some of the Jugo Juice salads.  However, not all salads are created equal, some salads are worse off for you calorie wise then burgers.  So don't just assume that it's healthy because they market it that way, do your own research and arm yourself with knowledge.  I personally think the best alternative is to learn to cook, which is the only true way you can control what goes into your meals.

2 comments:

  1. From the time I have started reading the articles you have been posting, I have become very keen in learning more and more. Now I can proudly say that I know little and that too thanks to you!!!

    Regards,
    kamagra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Altbert, I hope you're taking my tips and living a healthier and happier lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete