Monday, March 28, 2011

Healthy Tips: Mad Greens Restaurant Review

I'm in Denver this week and I happened to stroll past an appealing restaurant called Mad Greens.  They had a display in their window that said "Fresh Gourmet Salads", so I thought I would give it a try.  It's a neat concept, essentially they sell salads, soups and sandwiches and promote a healthy "tree hugger" type atmosphere.

I opted for the Crazy Ivan salad and it was delicious.  The only thing I would recommend is getting the regular size because I could barely finish the larger one, even though it was "just a salad".  I think it was the fact that I added chicken breast, along with the cheese and pumpkin seeds, that made this meal so filling.  I could barely shovel the last forkful into my mouth.

As usual, salads are definitely a healthy alternative when eating out, but always watch your portion size, as this is how those calories can sneak up on you.


Here's a breakdown of the nutritional info for the Crazy Ivan salad
Baby Greens, Roasted Beets, Pumpkin Seeds, House Croutons & Goat Cheese
572 Cal, 33g Fat, 776 mg Sodium, 42g Carbs, 28g Protein

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Mad Greens had pumpkin seeds. I have to try that next time (I always get the ty cobb). Mad Greens has a calorie counter on the website which is great if you are trying to watch and calculate what you're eating: www.madgreens.com

    ReplyDelete