Monday, February 7, 2011

Calgary Gym Reviews: University of Calgary

University of Calgary










The only reason why I decided to use this gym was the fact that I was a student there otherwise I would have went somewhere else. Since it was free and I could kill some time between classes, it worked at the time.

The facility was actually one of my favourites, it was huge, had a running track and lots of machines to choose from. As well as an auxillary gym and rooms for classes. It's also clean, well lit and the staff were quite friendly.

However, the reason why they had so much equipment was because of the amount of people coming through the gym. I wouldn't recommend going there after work as it is jam packed. If you step away from a machine for a sip of water, there's always somebody waiting to steal it away from you. Also, you now have to pay for parking 24/7, which is a huge drawback.

If you're a student there, you have no excuse to not be using it. So cancel that gym membership, if you're actually able to afford one, and use the institutions gym, you're paying for it anyways. I'd definitely recommend this facility for students who attend or even alumni as I know they give you a discount on fees. Though, for others it's a hard sell because of their new 24/7 parking fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment