Friday, February 18, 2011

Healthy Recipes: Wild Rice and Soybean Salad

I was inspired to try this recipe after having Jugo Juice's soybean and wild rice salad.  It tasted good, it's good for you and it seemed really easy to make, so I thought I would try it.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Dressing:
  • 1/4  cup  vegetable oil
  • 2  tablespoons  white wine vinegar
  • 1  tablespoon  soy sauce
  • 2  teaspoons  sugar
  • 1/2  teaspoon  sesame oil
  • 1/4  teaspoon  dried crushed red pepper
Salad:
  • Sesame seeds
  • 1/2 cup of wild rice
  • 1/2 cup of frozen soy beans
  • 1/8 red pepper
  • 1/8 green pepper
  • 1/8 yellow pepper



Instructions:

Whisk all above ingredients in a bowl to make the dressing for the salad

Pour wild rice into pot with 3 cups of water
Bring water to a boil and cook wild rice for 30-45 minutes or until kernels pop open at low-medium heat
Pour soybeans into water and let it simmer for 1 minute
Drain rice and beans in strainer
Dice red, green, yellow peppers
Mix all ingredients together with dressing in a bowl
Sprinkle with soy sauce
Allow it to sit in the fridge for 1/2 hour before serving

5 comments:

  1. OOH, Thank you. I did a specific google search for this!
    How did you get this recipe? Do you have any of the other recipes for thier salads?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ulanda,
    I actually had to do some homework, I basically took the ingredients from the Jugo Juice version of the salad and made my own dressing. Glad you like it! I've only made the one so far, and will be trying the chickpea one in the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this! I looove this salad and I've been wanting to make something similar. Can't wait to try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo glad I found this blog. I always save the wrapper from the salad but always manage to lose it! Now... I can finally make it for dinner... Tonight!

    ReplyDelete