Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Healthy Fast Food Challenge: Day 1 - Christy's Rotisserie Chicken

The long weekend is over and I've decided to challenge myself to eat fast food every day for dinner for the next five days.  My goal is to show you that you almost always have healthy options even if you're eating at a fast food joint.



Today was day one, thought I would have one of my favourite's, Christy's Rotisserie Chicken, it's not a big chain and I think it's only located here in Calgary, but it's one of the best chicken joints in the city.  I ordered their quarter chicken combo which comes with two side items.  For my sides, I decided to have a double serving of their marinated vegetable salad (I like this salad so much I made my own copycat version).


They've got a few locations throughout the city, Marlborough Mall food courts (that's where I ate), Market Mall food court, Lancaster Centre foodcourt (downtown) and they have a restaurant on 32 Ave and 27 Street NE.  If you've never had their chicken, give it a try and try not to eat the cornbread.

Low on processed carbs, high on protein, a meal fit for a trainer.  They make some of the best roast chicken ever, now if only I could get that recipe.  That's one day down, just four more to go!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome. I love what you’ve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I cant wait to read more from you. this is really a great blog. food combination diet

    ReplyDelete