Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Importance of Bed and Breakfast

We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  But many of us choose to ignore this fact and skip out on food in the mornings.  Skipping brekky can be a vicious cycle and can actually compound weight issues.



When you sleep you're actually starving your body so your body's natural response is to fight back by storing fat.  Since the average person sleeps eight hours a night, it's important to eat breakfast so you don't prolong the starvation.     

Here’s a conversation that your brain has with your stomach when this happens:
Brain:  I need food
Stomach:  Sorry bud, I’m still empty, you’re out of luck
Brain (talking to itself):  If Stomach keeps doing this to me, I’m going to die!  I’ll have to start storing as much as I can as fat rations to survive this famine. I’m not going down without a fight you evil prick! 
Stomach:  Grumble grumble

So prevent your brain from hashing out this evil plan and start eating breakfast everyday.  Afterall, the word breakfast is derived from Breaking the Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment