Monday, January 24, 2011

Chiropractor Cracker Review

I have this nagging injury that has been bothering me on and off for the past couple of months in my lower back.  A friend of mine swore by his chiropactor who he claimed was the only person that was able to heal his injury after months of other attempts.  I was quite convinced, so I decided to give his chiropractor a chance.



I've never seen a chiropractor and was somewhat scared of letting somebody manhandle my body like a fat kid with a pretzel.  In a nutshell, this was my experience:

First off they sat me in a room and ran a machine up and down my back to check for temperature differentials in my muscles
After the technician was done I sat in that same room, shirtless, for about half an hour by myself staring at the computer screen of my back scan until the screen saver came on, which forced me to play with my Iphone to stay entertained
In walks the doctor and he sticks his fingers into my lower back and tells me my hips are uneven, I figured that was the case because sometimes I felt one leg being longer then the other
I lie on the massage table and he feels me out some more while scribbling in my chart
I then get sent into another room where I'm told to lie down on a contraption that kind of looked like a reclined dentists chair
Tells me to lie on my back and he looms over me like a butcher ready to work a piece of meat
He contorts my arms into a self-hugging position and crack!  That was one of the scariest moments of my life hearing my back crack like that, it could probably be heard in the waiting room. 
Tells me to lie on my side and he pushes into my body and crack again.
Flip over, another crack
Then he grabs my skull twists it like he was going to pop it off and then double cracks
And it's finally over, ten full cracks later and my appointment is done

He tried to explain to me what he did after the session, but I was in too much shock to hear his words.  This was one of the most awkward things I've ever done to my body.  I thought my massuese could instill fear in me, but this guy took the cake.

Overall, I didn't enjoy the session, it was an eye opener to me that people allow this to be done to their bodies.  I guess I'm going to have to wait and see if it actually works, but I'm dreading my next appointment. 

Anybody else out there willing to share their experience?  Next time I should do my research before I barge into a clinic looking for the cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment