Thursday, January 27, 2011

Healthy Recipes: Garlic Chicken Quinoa with Arugula

Here's a slight twist on my favourite garlic chicken quinoa recipe, I top it with some arugula to add some color and flavour.  For those that haven't tried arugula, it's really big in Europe and is just starting to invade our kitchens.  It has a nice aromatic and nutty flavour in the texture of a leafy vegetable.  The first time I had it was in Berlin in 2007 and I fell in love with it, now it's finally available here for a reasonable price.


I love quinoa, see my superfood article to understand why

Ingredients:
Salt/Pepper
6 chicken thighs
6 garlic cloves
3 cups arugula
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth

Press garlic cloves and mix with chicken and pepper in a bowl
Allow to marinate for 2 hours in the fridge

Pour a teaspoon of oil into pan and heat until oil is hot
Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until chicken is cooked

Poor quinoa into pot with 2 cups of chicken broth
Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, then turn to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes
Salt to desired taste
Mix chicken into mixture and let simmer for 2 minutes
Allow to cool, top with arugula and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment