Thursday, January 20, 2011

Healthy Recipes: Tomato Quinoa with Dill and Smoked Salmon

I kind of cheated for this meal in that I bought a nice chunk of smoked marinated salmon, it was my treat for the week, but still high in protein low in fat.  As I always say, you always have options when it comes to eating healthy.

I love quinoa, see my superfood article to understand why



Ingredients:
1 cup of quinoa
1 cup of chicken broth
1 large tomato
1 piece of salmon (500 grams)
1 Teaspoon of dill weed
Salt/Pepper
2 lemon slices

Quinoa:
Pour quinoa and chicken broth into a pot
Bring to a boil for two minutes at high heat
Chop up tomatoes into cubes and add to pot
Turn to low heat and let mixture simmer for 10 minutes
Fluff with a fork and serve

Salmon:
Lightly oil a large piece of tin foil
Place smoked salmon in foil and place a piece of lemon on top
Place plain salmon on foil and add dill, salt, pepper to top of salmon
Add one slice of lemon
Wrap up salmon in the foil and place in oven
Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until cooked to your liking
Plate and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment