Friday, December 17, 2010

My Recipes for Moist Chicken Breast


Okay, so the title fooled you, this isn't actually a recipe post since I posted one yesterday.  But everyone knows that chicken breast can be such a dry piece of meat sometimes.  I eat alot of it and it's hard to cook it so that it stays moist unless it's swimming in a sauce.  So here's what I do to make my protein packed poultry more bearable:

Vegetables:  Add some veggies to it like a braised tomato or some asparagus, anything that will add some moisture to your mouth.  I didn't need my parents to force me to eat my veggies, I ate them so I wouldn't gag from the dryness of the chicken breast they were serving me.

Pickles:  Try serving it with something sour, foods like pickles tend to get you salivating, and helps the chicken breast go down that much easier.

Stuff it:  You could always stuff the chicken with something like a spinach and cheese mixture or anything to add some moisture to the meat.

Don't get me wrong, chicken breast is packed with protein goodness, but sometimes it can be hard to put down.  I'd love to hear about how you keep your chicken breasts moist and cooked, without risking salmonella poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment