Friday, December 3, 2010

Mike Miles Introduction Kickboxing Training



So again, I was tempted by those daily deal sites with a kickboxing deal where I get 10 classes for $20.  I couldn't turn such a great deal down, so out came the credit card and I received the voucher via email.  Being a huge MMA fan myself, I find myself wanting to attempt to train like these fighters do, man was I in for a shock.

The studio has a great setup, 7000 square feet with lockers, showers, weight room, kickboxing ring and a huge mat area.  We started out with a warmup, which is similar to what I put my bootcamp classes through, however, he made us go non-stop for about 10 minutes straight before we could take a break.  Having worked out my legs the day before, it should have been a sign for me to stay home, but I forged ahead.  As a result, I almost collapsed from the excessive jumping he made us do because my calves were so sore and tight, but I managed to survive the warmup.


As a beginner, he showed us the jab, cross and knees, as well as the proper kickboxing stance.  Apparently, we don't get to kick and punch each other until we've attended five classes.  That was what I was looking forward to, but I guess it makes sense so that I don't end up breaking my foot on somebody's leg.  I also learned that I'm not as coordinated as I thought with my limbs, that's something I'm going to have to work on.

Overall, it was a great cardio workout.  If you're looking to add some variety to your training, I'd definitely recommend it.

They can be found at http://www.mikemiles.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment