Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Healthy Fast Food from A&W

I always eat after my workout in an attempt to give my body as much nutrients as possible to grow and heal my muscles.  I left the gym a bit later tonight, and as a result the only places open that were close to home was A&W.  Normally, I am disciplined enough to go home and have eggs or chicken breast, but today I thought I would cheat a little bit.  See my health fast food article for more details

Now even though I was at a fast food joint, I attempted to make this meal as healthy and lean as possible, so here's what I ordered:

Grilled Chicken Deluxe Sandwich - It's on a multigrain bun and it's got a big piece of seasoned grilled chicken breast in it.  The worst part was the ranch sauce, but it's necessary as the breast can get a bit dry.

Milk - I substituted 2% milk for the pop. 

Salad - Had a salad instead of the french fries, that was a tough decision because I love their fries and gravy!

Overall, it was a good meal, balanced for a fast food joint and it hit the spot nicely.  Remember, you can always eat healthy, it's all about the choices you make.  Here's a previous healthy fast food post if you want to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment