Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Healthy Tips: 1-2-3 Approach to Eating





Let’s face it, a lot of us lead a very busy lifestyle, between work, kids and hobbies it can be hard to plan a healthy, balanced meal. So for those that are in this situation, I have a simple solution, it’s called the 1-2-3 approach to eating. In other words, eat one serving of complex carbohydrates, two servings of proteins and three servings of vegetables. It’s an easy way to ensure that your body gets a good variety of essential vitamins and minerals, as well as food from different food groups. Keep in mind that my portion size is a deck of cards.


This is one of my favourite meals to prepare for myself (Here are the Herb Chicken and Greek salad recipes):
  1. one serving of brown rice
  2. two servings of garlic and herb chicken thighs
  3. three servings of Greek salad
I also like paring this down to a low carbohydrate alternative where I have four servings of Greek salad instead of the brown rice.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog, Colin! I really like the articles up here. They're very informative and easy to understand. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete